September 25, 2022:
Everything in church, Christian living and ministry begins with prayer!
- We prayed and asked for forgiveness of sins when we started our walk with Christ.
- We prayed and received the Holy Spirit.
- In worship, we pray and call on our Heavenly Father for grace.
- We pray over our meals, for sick loved ones, and over our children at night when we tuck them into bed.
- We pray for unsaved friends and family members.
- And every morning is started with a time of prayer, asking God for grace for the day to serve Him effectively.
The Praying Church:
A true praying church has several ingredients. These are the vital parts that make prayer effective and powerful in God’s house, which Jesus called the “House of Prayer.”
“But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.” Matthew 6:6
Every dedicated follower of Jesus Christ practices a lifestyle of passionate prayer. They love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. They take up their cross and follow Jesus. Every day, they find their secret place and commune with the Lord. They receive strength and grace and impartation from the Lord. They receive their daily directives and guidance from Him.