January 15, 2023:
God’s Word is an essential part of your salvation experience. Not only is it imperative we read and study His Word daily, but it’s also equally vital we learn to pray it. In the Gospel of John, He forever linked the Word with answered prayer by saying, “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you” (John 15:7). Praying the Word is simply taking a Scripture and turning it into a prayer. The words in the Bible “are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63). They do for your inner man what food does for your outer man. When you digest the Word of God, it supplies your prayers with energy. The most powerful thing a Christian can do is pray the Word of God.”
- Help us love Your Word and hide it in our hearts.
- Help us realize the power that comes with praying Your Word.
- Let our faith unite with Your power as we pray Your Word with boldness to see the miraculous happen.
- Remind us to give time and effort to memorizing Scriptures we can use in our prayers.
- Help us realize that Your words are more powerful than ours and make praying Your Word a daily part of our prayer time.