Prayer Focus for October 18, 2020
A Praying Family
If prayer is not something your family is accustomed to doing consistently together, you may feel overwhelmed. Here are some practical tips to help you get started:
- Don’t worry about being perfect, just start.
- Decide when and where you will meet.
- Guard this time on your schedule.
- Pray over the spot you select–The Spirit of God often lingers in a place where people meet with Him regularly.
How to stay on track:
- Start with whoever is willing, even if it is just you.
- Be flexible, yet persistent-if one meeting fails, do not quit, just start again.
- Put all cell phones away and other distractions.
- Consider the age ranges involved.
- Keep shorter for younger ages.
- Allow younger ones some quiet playing (they still listen)
- Keep track.
- Keep a journal of request and praise reports.
- Review what is recorded.