February 13, 2022: The Praying Church (Week 1)
Everything in church and the Christian life and ministry begins with prayer!
- We prayed and asked forgiveness of sins we started our walk with Christ.
- We prayed and received the Holy Spirit.
- When we worship we pray and call on our heavenly Father for grace.
- We pray over our meals, pray for the sick loved ones, and pray over our children at night when we tuck them into bed.
- We pray for unsaved friends and family members.
- Every morning is started by a time of prayer, asking God for grace for the day to serve Him effectively.
A disciple of Jesus Christ should have a vision and theology for prayer and a life that models it.
A true praying church has several ingredients, and these are the vital parts that make prayer effective and powerful in God’s house-which Jesus called the “House of Prayer.”
But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. Matthew 6:6
Every dedicated follower of Jesus Christ practices a lifestyle of passionate prayer.
- They love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- They take up their cross and follow Jesus.
- Every day they find their secret place and commune with the Lord.
- They receive strength and grace and impartation from the Lord.
- They receive their daily directives and guidance from Him.
For more info on prayer visit: World Network of Prayer