The Whole Armor of God: Week 2
We are encouraged in Ephesians 6:11-18 to “put on Christ” by putting on the whole armor of God.
Having your loins girt about with truth,
- Loving truth protects our spiritual loins, which is the seat of procreation.
And having on the breastplate of righteousness:
- The breastplate covers the heart so that it remains pure. To be right standing with God is important in your relationship with Him.
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
- The sole of one’s feet represents spreading the “good news”, and shedding peace.
Above all, taking the shield of faith…..ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
- The shield of faith helps quench the fiery darts of the adversary. It helps us to overcome anger, bitterness, jealousy, strife, unforgiveness, and revenge.
And take the helmet of salvation,
- The helmet of salvation protects the mind/covers the head from a blow that may be fatal. Embrace Godly thoughts.
And the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- The sword of the Spirit is God’s Word used, as we are on the offense declaring truth. The word of God is quick, powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing..dividing soul and spirit….”
For more info on prayer visit: World Network of Prayer