Staying in God’s Presence
Psalms 91 declares that “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Highest shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” Dwelleth means to sit down in quiet; to tarry; to make it the place that you live.
There are GREAT promises and rewards for those who will tarry in that secret place with God Almighty daily, allowing Him to envelop them in His brilliancy, to infuse them with power from on High and to cast a shade over them that will be felt by others.
Lord Jesus, We Pray:
- Psalms 91:1: Let us not just run hastily in and out of Your presence, but help us to make Your presence the place we dwell throughout the day.
- Acts 5:15: Through tarrying in that secret place of prayer may we become so infused with Your Spirit, that wherever we walk others will be affected by Your abiding presence.
- Galatians 5:16: Overshadow us so that our carnality is swallowed up in holiness, righteousness, and godliness.
- Psalms 16:11: Overshadow us until we are full of joy and find pleasure in serving You.
- John 3:30: Overshadow us until those around us no longer see us, but they see You, Jesus.
- Acts 1:8: Overshadow us so the miraculous can flow through us and Your work can be accomplished through Your chosen people.
Source: World Network of Prayer